Geshe Thubten Phelgye, student of his Holiness the Dalai Lama, Buddhist monk, member of the Tibetan Parliament in Exile for ten years, international scholar, and professor at Eastern Washington University in the USA:
“After witnessing the slaughter of an animal for the first time, I cried and made a vow to be a voice for him.”
Why DVA Needs Your Financial Support
With your money we will pay for:
1) support for our DVA Dharma teachers when they travel to give teachings about our message of non-harming and compassion towards animals,
2) a DVA Chapter Leader Conference in the US in 2016 where our activists set our agenda for the coming year and fine tune our advocacy skills so we can be an even more effective voice for animals,
3) supporting DVA’s world leadership in focusing Buddhist organizations on animal suffering at the bi-annual conference of the World Fellowship of Buddhists (WFB) in Seoul, South Korea from September 26-30, 2016,
4) sponsoring the first ever Asian Buddhist Animal Rights Conference on September 30, 2016 in Seoul, South Korea,
5) producing our widely-acclaimed film, Animals and the Buddha, and reproducing it with subtitles in ten languages.
6) supporting the 2017 trip to the US by DVA member Ven. Thich Thanh Huan of Vietnam, a leader in the Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha, a government supported organization with over 14,000 Buddhist Centers. During his visit the Venerable will give a number of public talks about why Buddhists should eat a cruelty-free diet and will engage in extensive discussions with DVA leaders on how we can work together to persuade 60 million Buddhists in Vietnam to go veg.
7) producing our second documentary film, this one about Buddhism in Asia.
You might wonder why much of our effort is dedicated to work in Asia. There are well over 500 million Buddhists in the world with more than 98% living in Asia. Therefore, our limited resources are spent in the places where we will have the greatest effect in reducing animal suffering.
DVA is a tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.
No gift is too small. Thank you for you generosity.
Money you donate today will support DVA’s important work to reduce animal suffering worldwide.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
Suggested Donation Levels
How To Make Your Donation
1) By Paypal $US Dollar
Click on Donate to make a donation. Please consider becoming a Sustaining Member of DVA by checking the “Make This Recurring” box when making your donation.
2) By Paypal €Euro
Click on Donate to make a donation. Please consider becoming a Sustaining member of DVA by checking the “make this recurring” box when making your donation.
PO Box 508, Solana Beach, California 92075, USA.
For all mailed donations we will follow-up with a receipt for your tax records.
Thank you! We appreciate your support of DVA and our efforts to raise awareness of the suffering of animals in the Dharma community.
Cruelty-Free Retreat Centers
DVA Recommended Guidelines for Retreat Centers. Read More
Cruelty-Free SanghasDVA Recommended Guidelines for Sanghas. Read More
Teaching Cruelty-Free Discussion Template. Read More
DVA Resources and Recommendations for a Cruelty-Free Lifestyle. Read More
PETA Ad approved by Thich Nhat Hanh. Enlarge