DVA Advisory Council member, Geshe Thubten Phelgye, student of his Holiness the Dalai Lama, Buddhist monk, member of the Tibetan Parliament in Exile for ten years, international scholar, and professor at Eastern Washington University in the USA:
“After witnessing the slaughter of an animal for the first time, I cried and made a vow to be a voice for him.”
Why DVA Needs Your Financial Support
As the only Buddhist Animal Advocacy organization in the world, we are uniquely positioned to use the relationships and contacts we have developed in the Buddhist world during the past six years to make our voice on behalf of animals even stronger. But, we need your financial support to make it happen.
Your gift will help:
1) Generate connections with many of the countless Buddhist Centers in the United States and other Western countries using our “Eyes and Ears.” This program evaluates these Centers and then comes up with a plan of how to best support them in lessening their use of animals and animal products.
2) Support our other newly created, detailed plan for action in the Buddhist country of Sri Lanka which will target the almost 15 million Buddhists there.
3) Support our newly created, detailed plan for action in the Buddhist country of Vietnam which will target the almost 60 million Buddhists there.
4) Enable our Buddhist teachers, monastic and lay, to travel and give teachings on cruelty-free eating to their large group of followers. The Venerable Thich Thanh Huan, a Vietnamese monk and a leader of the powerful Vietnamese Buddhist Sangha, which has tens of millions of members, visited the US as DVA’s guest from June 23 to July 3, 2017 to advocate for animals and to plan the campaign targeting his home country which will be directed by DVA.
5) Help stop the rapidly growing dog meat industry in countries such as Vietnam and South Korea.
6) Strengthen our 27 chapters worldwide and grow their number so we can be even stronger advocates for animals. For example, the presence of DVA chapters in Sri Lanka and Bhutan enabled us to receive “on the ground” information and support for our ongoing campaigns in both countries.
7) Help DVA host our Chapter Leader Conference in Sri Lanka from October 20 to October 25, 2017, when we will plan our next several years of fighting for animals in Buddhist communities.
8) Help DVA host the second Asian Buddhist Animal Rights Conference on October 26, 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka which will feature renowned Buddhists and Animal Rights activists as speakers and will be covered on national television.
9) Pay for DVA’s second film which will serve as an introduction to our organization. The first, Animals and the Buddha, created by acclaimed film maker Keegan Kuhn of Cowspiracy fame was also made possible by our generous supporters, has been widely acclaimed, viewed by over 100,000 people, and translated into ten languages.
10) Support our social media campaign in the US and the Buddhist countries of Sri Lanka and Vietnam. For example, we plan to make videos of the top monastics talking in their native language about DVA’s message which will be made available to countless people through social media. We have a wonderful plan of attack and the cooperation of the monastic communities.
We understand that much of our work needs to be done in Asia where over 98% of the approximately one billion Buddhists live and where seven of our Chapters are located. Since the overwhelming majority of Buddhists live in Asia, the overwhelming majority of the animals killed to feed and clothe them live in Asia. If we don’t do this work in Asia who will?
No gift is too small.
The GIFT you make today will support DVA’s important work to reduce animal suffering worldwide.
A monthly gift provides a consistent stream of revenue which allows us to best plan our projects. No gift is too small.
Imagine a world in which animals are not considered food in Buddhist communities throughout the world. Make your GIFT to DVA now so that you can say you were part of that achievement.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
DVA is a tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.
Suggested Donation Levels
How To Make Your Donation
1) By Paypal $US Dollar
2) By Paypal €Euro
Click on Donate to make a donation. Please consider becoming a Sustaining member of DVA by checking the “make this recurring” box when making your donation. This is the Euro donation button. For US Dollar click on the text “DONATE” button in the box above.
PO Box 508, Solana Beach, California 92075, USA.
For all mailed donations we will follow-up with a receipt for your tax records.
Thank you! We appreciate your support of DVA and our efforts to raise awareness of the suffering of animals in the Dharma community.
Cruelty-Free Retreat Centers
DVA Recommended Guidelines for Retreat Centers. Read More
Cruelty-Free SanghasDVA Recommended Guidelines for Sanghas. Read More
Teaching Cruelty-Free Discussion Template. Read More
DVA Resources and Recommendations for a Cruelty-Free Lifestyle. Read More
PETA Ad approved by Thich Nhat Hanh. Enlarge